Battlefield 1 Fury X DX12 Benchmarks

BF1

 

  EA is once again releasing another Battlefield title. Over the past few years Call of Duty has been the game to beat, but it seems as if that is an impossible task. BF1 has a lot of hype surrounding it and DICE has some of the best developers on the planet. At the moment Battlefield is winning the public opinion over its rival Call of Duty. This is mostly due to Call of Duty yearly rehashes, buggy gameplay and forcing fans to purchase Infinity Warfare in order to play CoD: MW2. That’s not to say that Battlefield titles don’t have their fair share of bugs and glitches, but Battlefield seems to get plenty of patches far longer than CoD titles.

  I’ve finally got my hands on the Battlefield 1 open beta. Now that the game is out of the alpha stage, EA DICE is testing their networking on a major scale to hopefully make the actual release much smoother. The servers were actually offline for a while after the public beta release. The issues were fixed and the servers are back up and running. There’s a group that claimed responsibility for the servers to go down, but I won’t name them here. EA DICE is also fixing issues while both Nvidia and AMD have released drivers for the Battlefield 1 Beta. I’m using the latest AMD Crimson drivers [16.8.3] to benchmark the game. AMD has a DX11 Crossfire profile for Battlefield 1 already. That is pretty nice considering that the game is only in the beta stage.

  Speaking of this game being in beta mode, I have experience some frame pacing issues from time to time. I’m sure these issues will be addressed before the game is officially released. An issue I’ve noticed is that I could be playing the game getting frame rates above 100 and the game would sometimes drop down to 5 or 6 fps for a second or so. This is a very odd behavior and hopefully is addressed very soon. This also makes it hard to benchmark the game properly since those issues can affect the overall benchmark process.

  This issue can happen at 1920x1080p, 2560x1440p or 3840x2160p. So it doesn’t matter which resolution you are playing with from my experience. I tried testing 3200x1800 and the game simply didn’t like that resolution at all. Other issues I experience were problems such as spawning with no weapon, enemies with infinite health and small lag\rubber banding issues. I only experience these issues on one server so far. So there are some issues EA DICE needs to fix, but overall the game ran fine. All of my benchmarks are using the DX12 API. All benchmarks were performed while playing the Conquest game mode which consisit of 64 players on the server.

 

Gaming Rig Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58
CPU: Xeon X5660 @ 4.6Ghz
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Watercooled - Pull
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Watercooled - Push
RAM: 24GB DDR3-1600Mhz [6x4GB]
SSD: Kingston Predator 600MB/s Write – 1400MB/s Read
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300W 80+ GOLD
Monitor: Dual 24inch Resolution - 1080p, 1400p, 1600p, 4K [3840x2160]
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

GPU Drivers: Crimson 16.8.3 [8/30/2016]
GPU Speed: AMD R9 Fury X @ Stock Settings – Core 1050Mhz